President’s Update – May 2017
Summer is upon us and I hope that you have your spring grades in and don’t forget to post your summer syllabi to D2L and possibly the Division Offices.
Well on to the updates:
1. Negotiations are active. We meet generally once per week in the large group and at least once per week in the subcommittees. We have 9 working conditions issues and we finished one issue. For more information go to the AFA website: https://oaktonadjuncts.com/negotiations-2/
2. As most of you are aware from V.P. Lott’s email, there is a reorganization plan at Oakton. We will keep you informed as the process unfolds and how it might impact you.
3. Higher Learning Commission (accreditation) comes this fall. The visit is set for: September 24 and 25.
4.The AFA Board Meeting is May 23, 2017 at 2:30 p.m. at the Des Plaines campus in the Far Side (2444) room. If you have something to share or just want to listen, please attend.
5. The Oakton Board of Trustees meeting is also on May 23, 2017 in the Board Room at 7:30. I am hoping that you consider attending these meetings.
Thank you for all that you do! Have a great summer!
President’s Updates – February 2017
Week of February 6, 2017
- If you wish to apply for an affiliate position the time is now. Go to myoakton and the employee section and all the affiliate positions are identified. Follow the process for consideration.
- Those identified to go to the IEA RA (Illinois Education Assn. Representative Assembly) from March 30th to April 1 in Chicago are Cheryl Thayer and Cathy Willis.
- The call for NEA RA (National Education Assn. Representative Assembly) slots will be posted shortly. The election will be on April 10 and hopefully 2-3 candidates from Oakton will be selected. Boston hosts the RA from about June 30 to July 6, 2017.