Set up multifactor authentication for off-campus computer access by JUNE 30
As of June 30, multifactor authentication (MFA) via the DUO Security is mandatory for all employees. Employees not enrolled in MFA will not be able to access Oakton IT resources off-campus including Oakton webmail, myOakton portal resources, and D2L.
What do I need to do?
- Set up your own Oakton Duo MFA accountusing the account management tool. This tool is available on the login page of myOakton or at the top of the myOakton window after you have logged in. During the setup process, you will be asked to enroll a smartphone or tablet by installing the free “Duo Mobile” App from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Please see the account setup documentfor more specific setup instructions. There is a video that shows the account setup steps.
- If you have any problems setting up your account, please contact the IT Help Desk at 847.635.1965 or email@example.com. They are also willing to talk you through the process.
- If you need a tablet from Oakton because you cannot use Duo on your phone, please also contact the firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have issues with the tablet assigned, please contact them as well for either trouble shooting or a replacement.
- If you have an older phone, some adjunct faculty members have had success using older versions of the Duo app found at:
Avoid the Rush and Start Now!
Welcome to the Oakton Community College Adjunct Faculty Association (OCC AFA), which represents all part-time faculty in the bargaining unit at Oakton Community College in Des Plaines and Skokie, IL. The Oakton Community College Adjunct Faculty Association is affiliated with the IEA-NEA (Illinois Education Association-National Education Association).
We hope you find this Website helpful. As you navigate the pages and the links, you will find access to the current contract and forms, member and general resources, negotiation updates, as well as general information about the union and its history. Please scroll though each page to find what you need. We encourage you to contact us with your questions.