April 12, 2021
April 2, 2021
Adjunct Faculty Association Update
- AFA Open Office Hours are this Friday, April 2nd, 9-10 via Zoom. Come with your questions and suggestions as we begin contract negotiations.
- Congratulations to Yasmin Cordero who will be representing us this summer at the National Education Association Regional Assembly.
- Interested in serving on a college-wide committee next year? We are collecting names now. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may have noticed a new procedure this year for the re-appointment of department chairs and program coordinators. Your dean is seeking your input. Please share your thoughts. See email from your dean.
- Next AFA Board Meeting, Friday, April 9th at 10am. Contact us if you would like the link.
- Save the date, Adjunct Faculty Meeting Wednesday, August 18th, 4-5:30pm. More details to come.
March 28, 2021
Election Results for NEA-RA Delegate from the Adjunct Faculty Association at Oakton Community College, Spring 2021
39 ballots were cast in an election that ran from March 23 to March 27.
Votes by Candidate:
Mary Hope Griffin: 26 votes (66.7%)
Yasmin Cordero: 7 votes (17.9%)
Catherine Willis: 5 votes (12.8%)
Randy Felsenthal: 1 vote (2.6%) [write-in]
Mary Hope Griffin wins with 66.7% of the vote.
Welcome to the Oakton Community College Adjunct Faculty Association (OCC AFA), which represents all part-time faculty in the bargaining unit at Oakton Community College in Des Plaines and Skokie,IL. The Oakton Community College Adjunct Faculty Association is affiliated with the IEA-NEA (Illinois Education Association-National Education Association).
We hope you find this Website helpful. As you navigate the pages and the links, you will find access to the current contract and forms, member and general resources, negotiation updates, as well as general information about the union and its history. Please scroll though each page to find what you need. We encourage you to contact us with your questions.
Web site: oaktonadjuncts.com